At First Presbyterian Church we believe in one God- Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe that " Jesus came so we can have life and have it abundantly." We believe, "That NOTHING can seperate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:39
As Christians we believe in the Reformed Tenets of our Faith as put forth by the early church fathers:
- Sola Scriptura- "By Scripture Alone", God's word triumphs tradition.
- Sola Fide- "By Faith Alone." Good works are not a means to salvation.
- Sola Grata- "By Grace Alone." It is only by the goodness of God we have been redeemed.
We also look to our denomination; Presbyterian Church (USA), to proclaim what we believe is at the core of being a Church of Jesus Christ...
- The proclamation of the gospel for the salvation of humankind
- The shelter, nurture and spiritual fellowship of the children of God
- The maintenance of divine worship
- The preservation of social righteousness
- The exhibition of the kingdom of heaven to the world
And at First Presbyterian we are firm in our belief that:
- Everybody's welcome
- Nobody's perfect
- Anything's possible